Estate planning on your own can be complicated and costly. Working closely with your financial adviser and attorney, as a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Jennifer can:
- Clearly define your estate planning goals.
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts on law, finance, and taxes) if you need one.
- Evaluate and recommend estate planning options.
- Organize and review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney.
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate.
- Lessen taxes at time of death.
- Arrange for management of your estate in the event you are incapacitated.
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death.
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want.
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
- Amend your plan as needed.
- Prepare estate and trust tax returns.
Whether your loved one is no longer entirely independent or simply needs extra help to enjoy their lives, help is available in any of the following areas:
- Reviewing and paying household bills, budgeting, and record keeping.
- Assistance with check writing and checkbook balancing.
- Making sure money is received, receipted, and deposited.
- Offering second opinions regarding household issues and unexpected situations.
- Handling day-to-day financial transactions such as home repairs, routine maintenance, and emergency medical expenses.
- Planning retirement account distributions and safeguard against improper disbursements.
- Organizing and reviewing personal, financial, and legal documents to determine what needs to be addressed.
- Preparing an inventory of personal assets and investments.
- Identifying and planning their retirement income, needs, and goals.
- Determining current and long-term cash flow needs by analyzing income and expenses.
- Addressing questions about lifestyle, Social Security, pensions, Medicare, and long-term insurance.
- Monitoring investment portfolio and other assets in conjunction with their investment advisor.
- Preparing, planning and filing income, trust, gift and estate tax.
- Providing referrals to local services and agencies for the proper level of care, transportation, and caregiving.